We are looking for a Linux System Administrator. We will train you for this position. The key roles are to support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems, Maintain the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security, and maintain network and system security. The candidate needs to be exceptionally talented, bright and driven. Razor-sharp eyes for detail, and determined to meet high standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Ensure the design of the system allows all components to work properly together.
- Make recommendations for future upgrades.
- Maintain network and system security.
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues.
- Monitor networks to ensure security.
- Evaluate and modify the system’s performance.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Design and deploy networks; Maintain network servers such as file servers, and VPN gateways.
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Administer servers, laptop and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, company mobile phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates, and patches.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Completed Bachelor's or Master's Degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or any other related field.
- Candidates working for this position should possess at least 3 years of work experience as a Linux Administrator.
- Candidates must possess ample knowledge and experience in system automation, deployment, networking, and implementation.
- Candidates must possess experience in using Linux, Jenkins, and ample experience in configuring and automating the monitoring tools.
- The candidates should also possess experience in the software development process and tools and languages like SaaS, Prometheus, Grafana, Python, PostgreSQL, MySQL, ArangoDB, and Gitlab.
- Candidates should demonstrate knowledge of handling distributed data systems.
- The candidate should have hands-on knowledge of the following tech areas:
Firewall iptables/nftables, fail2ban, Apache Nifi, Apache Webserver, HAProxy,Tomcat, keycloak, GlusterFS, Btrfs, ZFS, LVM, md, Mediawiki and Wikibase, DNS, Redis and SSL-Key management.
Remotify focuses on putting Filipino talents in the spotlight in the global workforce scene. We are an Employer of Record in the Philippines and we enable small to medium businesses across the world to scale their teams securely and cost-effectively through remote outsourcing. Through our services, we ensure that every remote employee enjoys the social benefits the law provides while receiving internationally competitive salaries.
With Remotify, you will have the opportunity to work directly with international businesses while having an employee contract bound in the Philippines, social benefits, and tax contributions, through us. As you work internationally from your home, you have a local HR to help you with local labor compliance. We have created a community of Filipino Remote workers who value the flexibility of remote work while enjoying the togetherness a great virtual workplace brings both professionally and personally.
Here are the perks of working with us:
- Competitive salary Php 80,000.00
- I.N.S.P.I.R.E program that will help you build personal and professional character
- Entry into a collegial, modern, and supportive working atmosphere at a market leader
- Flexible working hours and remote working opportunities
- Flat hierarchies
- A payroll system that assures on-time payments at all times
- SSS, Philhealth, and Pag-ibig
- 13th Month Pay
- Paid local holidays
- Annual leave ( Vacation and Sick leaves)
- Annual salary appraisal
- HMO benefit
- Work-from-home set-up
If you are the one we're looking for, send us your application now. All shortlisted applicants will receive an email from our HR for the next steps of your recruitment process.
You may also review our other job openings