We are looking for a seasoned IT professional to lead in the overall remote supervision and management of the Development and IT Department. The Head of Development and IT will also serve as the leader in overseeing the company’s technology strategy, execution, and developmental operations.
The Head of Development and IT that we are looking for should have extensive experience in providing technical input and advisory to external clients and drive tech direction for the internal team. The ideal candidate will create and implement IT policies and systems that should meet the company’s objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Remotely supervise and manage the Development and IT Department and leads the associated teams
- Elaborate IT strategy in questions of infrastructure, software landscape, and all related issues for the global 24/7 operation of the company
- Proactively support the global growth path of the company
- Act as the first point of contact for the Executive Board on software development and IT issues
- Develop SLAs for IT administration for approval by the board of directors and ensure compliance with SLAs
- Develop and offer software solutions for internal data processing
- Develop and offer solutions for the product data acquisition and processing for customers
- Proactively participate in the preparation of customer offers and collaboration on new business models
- Act as the contact person for customer inquiries
- Create work plan of the department and project plans (for one-time projects)
- Create, implement, and develop a 24/7 structure for IT administration within the company and in connection with the customer
- Develop, evaluate and report key figures of the department
- Developing decision-making documents or obtaining input and drawing up pro/con lists to be able to prepare decision-making processes.
- Carrying out regular error analyses, determining causes, change management, and developing suggestions for improvement (QM)
- Decide on work specifications and work objectives of the Development and IT Administration Team.
- Approval of developed and used solutions for data processing from an IT point of view
- Decide about new working methods in the area of responsibility and on the hiring of employees after job release.
- Review and approval of leave requests (for conflicts) and control of working time recording, if necessary, (incl. core time availability
- Assigning and monitoring workload or packages to teams for standard processes and one-time projects in terms of progress and duration.
- Facilitate work planning of the teams on a yearly, monthly, but especially weekly, if necessary.
- Conduct regular employee reviews as required by the company, regular work status meetings, and ensure professional development.
- Proactive interaction and support for the members of the teams, obtaining feedback, and cultivation of employee relations and team cultur
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information System, Computer Engineering, or any relevant field.
- Proven work experience as a software developer or administrator
- Demonstrable management experience in managing teams with a minimum of five (5) members
- Participation in the selection of staff for software development or administration.
- Work experience in startups or has helped build new organizational structures
- Demonstrable experience in project management
- Work experience in multicultural teams and has worked outside own cultural area
- Working experience with Linux
- Solid experience working remotely before 2020 and strong ability leading a remote team.
- Experience in taking leadership roles in any organization
- Familiarization of the in-house IT systems and ensuring technical support
- Ability to lead and work as a team
- Great communication and coordination skills
Remotify focuses on putting Filipino talents in the spotlight in the global workforce scene. We are an Employer of Record in the Philippines and we enable small to medium businesses across the world to scale their teams securely and cost-effectively through remote outsourcing. Through our services, we ensure that every remote employee enjoys the social benefits the law provides while receiving internationally competitive salaries.
With Remotify, you will have the opportunity to work directly with international businesses while having an employee contract bound in the Philippines, social benefits, and tax contributions, through us. As you work internationally from your home, you have a local HR to help you with local labor compliance. We have created a community of Filipino Remote workers who value the flexibility of remote work while enjoying the togetherness a great virtual workplace brings both professionally and personally.
Here are the perks of working with us:
- Competitive salary (PHP 150,000 - 200,000/mo)
- Awesome culture of permanent work from home set-up
- I.N.S.P.I.R.E program that will help you build personal and professional character
- A payroll system that assures on-time payments at all times
- SSS, Philhealth, and Pag-ibig
- 13th Month Pay
- Paid local holidays
- Paid incentive leave
- Healthcare (HMO)
- Annual salary appraisal
If you are the one we're looking for, send us your application now. All shortlisted applicants will receive an email from our HR for the next steps of your recruitment process.