We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to design, create and develop web applications and server applications' features and functions for target customers. The software engineer will work with other developers to design software, algorithms, flowcharts, and applications.
- Work with developers to design software, algorithms, flowcharts, and applications.
- Produce clean and efficient specifications and integrate software components.
- Verify and deploy systems and programs as well as troubleshoot and upgrading of existing software, debug errors, gathering and evaluate feedback.
- Assist in executing improvements and in the creation of technical documentation for reports and references.
- Develop web applications and server application features and functions for customer-facing web applications, network infrastructure, and supporting processes.
- Identify constraints/bottlenecks in the application and network performance working with the IT, DevOps, and Software Engineering teams to proactively solve application and network performance issues.
- Receive cross-training from other employees outside the areas of expertise including Data Engineering, IT, and DevOps.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to develop and deploy automated testing solutions for our customer-facing web applications.
- Proactively identify security-related issues that might give unauthorized parties access to the organization’s network, equipment, or content residing on the network and flag these issues for the Information Security Team.
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or any relevant field or equivalent technical experience.
- Demonstrated strong software and networking fundamentals.
- Effective project management, problem-solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of PHP/JS and API/UI/UX engineering
- Proficiency in programming languages Java Script and PHP (knowledge in CSS, XML, JSON is a plus)
- Knowledge in using DevOps tools such as Git, Codeception, Jest, React, TypeScript
- Knowledge in using collaboration tools such as JIRA or Confluence workflows
- Knowledge in using Linux-based systems
- Possessing secure coding standards
- Knowledge in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Object-oriented design
- Experience in the continuous integration build system
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Highly analytical with problem-solving skills
Remotify focuses on putting Filipino talents in the spotlight in the global workforce scene. We are an Employer of Record in the Philippines and we enable small to medium businesses across the world to scale their teams securely and cost-effectively through remote outsourcing. Through our services, we ensure that every remote employee enjoys the social benefits the law provides while receiving internationally competitive salaries.
With Remotify, you will have the opportunity to work directly with international businesses while having an employee contract bound in the Philippines, social benefits, and tax contributions, through us. As you work internationally from your home, you have a local HR to help you with local labor compliance. We have created a community of Filipino Remote workers who value the flexibility of remote work while enjoying the togetherness a great virtual workplace brings both professionally and personally.
Here are the perks of working with us:
- Competitive salary (PHP 80,000 - 100,000/mo)
- Awesome culture of permanent work from home set-up
- I.N.S.P.I.R.E program that will help you build personal and professional character
- A payroll system that assures on-time payments at all times
- SSS, Philhealth, and Pag-ibig
- 13th Month Pay
- Paid local holidays
- Paid incentive leave
- Healthcare (HMO)
- Annual salary appraisal
If you are shortlisted among the applicants, our HR will contact you for further instructions.