We are in search of a Senior Accountant to join our Finance & Operations team on a full-time basis. In this role, you will collaborate with clients to evaluate their financial situations and provide support to enhance repayment opportunities. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller and COO, you will closely collaborate with the Underwriting, Servicing, and Finance departments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all accounting and auditing activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing both banking and business.
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including preparing the journal entries, general ledgers, account analyses, reconciliations, revenue and expense accruals and variance analyses.
- Monitor and control Accounts Payable inbox. Set up new vendors and ensure that all required documents are in place before payment. Route invoices for management approval.
- Prepare and maintain Prepaid Asset systems, including addition, reconciliation and reporting.
- Create, enter and review journal entries for various purposes within the department.
- Reconcile and verify numerous general ledger and internal checking accounts. Timing of these accounts will be on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Provide information to outside parties, including but not limited to third-party vendors, auditors and regulators in a supporting role.
- Assist in the month-end and year-end closing process of the financial statements.
- Process and maintain record of employee expense reimbursements. Process corporate credit cards and ensure supporting receipts are submitted.
- Prepare a year-end spreadsheet for 1099 processing.
- Prepare monthly GL account certifications.
- Numerous special projects and research as required by the Accounting Manager and/or SVP/CFO.
- Prepare bi-monthly payroll.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of local US tax laws and GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
Remotify is an Employer of Record solution that enables freedom and security for businesses and employees, because we want to make remote outsourcing simply excellent, cost-effective and sustainable for all.
Created by people who value people, Remotify is a certified Great Place to Work® organization. We are good for businesses; good for employees; and good for the Philippines.
We are big believers of Filipino talent and making a name for it all over the world. By making our talent more accessible to global businesses, we’re helping to boost the economy of the Philippines—today and in the future. In addition, for every employee we hire, we give a portion of our revenue to SOS Children’s Village—a non-profit that cares for underprivileged children in the Philippines, from cradle to career.
We are committed to making a positive change to the future of remote work. One business Remotified, one job opportunity created, and one child helped at a time.
Here are the perks of working with us:
- Competitive salary: Php70,000
- I.N.S.P.I.R.E program that will help you build personal and professional character
- A payroll system that assures on-time payments at all times
- SSS, Philhealth, and Pag-ibig
- 13th Month Pay
- Paid local holidays
- Paid Incentive leaves
- HMO Benefit
If you are an experienced and dedicated Senior Accountant, send us your application now. All shortlisted applicants will receive an email from our HR for the next steps of your recruitment process.
Note: Remotify is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
You may also review our other job openings